Pages

Interactive Route Map

Monday, November 21, 2011

Into the unknown...

It's decided, I will be venturing into the high peaks of the Rockies to make it west. I contemplated going south through the middle of New Mexico, but with that I miss the opportunity to visit the 4 corners, Grand Canyon, and some 13,000+ foot peaks. I feel confident in my decision and I'm sure that I will make it across just fine.

It will get cold ( down to the negatives), it will be windy ( making the wind chill temperature even lower) and it will be a challenge. There is a chance that I might get stuck somewhere for a while waiting out a snow storm. Ice on the roads is also a hazard that I have to be cautious of, as well as constantly changing weather conditions.

I'll be carrying enough food to last me a week and will have enough water at all times for at least 2 days. There is, however, a very minute chance that I might not make it out. On that note I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way, everyone who has been following my journey, and everyone who supported what I'm doing. I hope you all get to one day experience the freedom, adventure and solitude that I've got to. To end I'll paraphrase Christopher McCandles: "I now bike... Into the wild."

Check back in a week or so for another update & to read about the Sangre de Cristo Mountains!

Peace, -W

No comments:

Post a Comment